- as a delaying action to give himself time to escape .
- i'm glad i stayed around where all the action is .
- to sort of watch your own financial intuitions in action .
- we haven't had that action for , like , 2 years .
あんなの やってなかった ここ2年くらい
- between thought and action comes temptation .
- from here on , i will change my way of taking action .
- police inspector yajima shuuji who was killed in action
- your disciplinary action at the next board meeting .
- from every side and then you can see the cape in action .
- jin woo practically filmed an action movie today .
- something done (usually as opposed to something said); "there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
- the most important or interesting work or activity in a specific area or field; "the action is no longer in technology stocks but in municipal bonds"; "gawkers always try to get as close to the action as possible"
- a military engagement; "he saw action in Korea"
Synonyms: military action,
- a judicial proceeding brought by one party against another; one party prosecutes another for a wrong done or for protection of a right or for prevention of a wrong
Synonyms: legal action, action at law,
- an act by a government body or supranational organization; "recent federal action undermined the segregationist position"; "the United Nations must have the power to propose and organize action without being hobbled by irrelevant issues"; "the Union action of emancipating Southern slaves"
- the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism; "the piano had a very stiff action"
Synonyms: action mechanism,
- the trait of being active and energetic and forceful; "a man of action"
- the series of events that form a plot; "his novels always have a lot of action"
- a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings); "the action of natural forces"; "volcanic activity"
Synonyms: natural process, natural action, activity,
- the state of being active; "his sphere of activity"; "he is out of action"
Synonyms: activity, activeness, Verb
- put in effect; "carry out a task"; "execute the decision of the people"; "He actioned the operation"
Synonyms: carry through, accomplish, execute, carry out, fulfill, fulfil,
- institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against; "He was warned that the district attorney would process him"; "She actioned the company for discrimination"
Synonyms: sue, litigate, process,