発音記号：[ bɔ:d ] 読み方
動詞 過去形: boarded 動詞 過去分詞: boarded 名詞 複数形: boards 動詞 現在分詞: boarding
- he walked to the board , took up a piece of chalk
- i recognized your foul stench when i was brought on board .
- but also that drives up output across the board .
- and my name would be posted on the notice board !
- your disciplinary action at the next board meeting .
- and talking to sort of a board of medical advisers .
- which leaves the ferries with 30 ,000 ready to board .
- what's one more old nigger to the board of education ?
- the board thinks they can do your job after all .
- sooner you're on board , sooner i can fill you in .
- a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose; "he nailed boards across the windows"
- a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games; "he got out the board and set up the pieces"
- a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer''s capabilities
Synonyms: circuit board, circuit card, card, plug-in, add-in,
- electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices; "he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
Synonyms: control panel, instrument panel, control board, panel,
- a table at which meals are served; "he helped her clear the dining table"; "a feast was spread upon the board"
Synonyms: dining table,
- a vertical surface on which information can be displayed to public view
Synonyms: display panel, display board,
- food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
- a committee having supervisory powers; "the board has seven members"
- a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
Synonyms: plank, Verb
- provide food and lodging (for); "The old lady is boarding three men"
- lodge and take meals (at)
- get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
Synonyms: get on,
- live and take one''s meals at or in; "she rooms in an old boarding house"