a box of matchesの例文
もっと例文: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- It was a calculated risk, because I could have just taken it to the Turkey Portal, thrown it in there with a box of matches and some shellite, and ensured a renewed ethnic / nationalist edit war between Turks and Armenians.
- At another, unspecified, location someone found a box of matches, a metal spanner, and a paraffin-soaked copy of The Suffragette newspaper with a short statement, apparently linking Lever to an article on White Slavery, written in pencil on its front cover.
- With the aid of his twentieth-century knowledge and skepticism, and the aid of a " magical " device or two ( such as a box of matches ), the boy manages to keep most of the children alive and eventually gets them to safety.
- The Braves'pitching, the sport's reference standard over the decade and up to Tuesday almost perfect against New York, failed horribly as a seemingly lopsided series began to look like the worst disaster to befall this peachy community since Gen . Sherman marched through with a box of matches.
- Ringo Starr had frequently augmented Beatles tracks with percussion instruments such as maracas or tambourine, but on " I'm Looking Through You " he unusually used taps on a box of matches, perhaps influenced by a similar trick as done by Gene Krupa in the 1941 film " Ball of Fire ".