もっと例文: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- This was particularly problematic with early home modems which used acoustic couplers, because most home phones were hard-wired to the wall at that time.
- Acoustic couplers are still used by people travelling in areas of the world where electrical connection to the telephone network is illegal or impractical.
- Acoustic couplers have always been able to do that, but it involves attaching the two suction cups to the ear and mouthpiece of the handset.
- Direct electrical connections to telephone networks, once they were made legal, rapidly became the preferred method of attaching modems, and the use of acoustic couplers dwindled.
- In Germany the very restrictive rules of the state-owned telephone system prevented widespread use of inexpensive, non-telco licensed modems, prompting the use of inferior acoustic couplers instead.