もっと例文: 1 2 3
- Angle beam inspections discover crack-like anomalies parallel to the pipe axis and metal loss defects that are too small to detect via direct beam, including the following:
- Angle beam inspections, where the tool induces ultrasonic waves into the metal at an angle relative to the metal surface, can be performed concurrently with direct beam inspections to confirm anomaly detections.
- An angle beam transducer only registers echoes from anomalies or reflectors that fall into the beam path; unlike direct beam, it does not receive reflections from the opposite wall of normal steel.
- The transmitter antenna now came in two versions, one with a wide angle beam for initially picking up the target or searching for it, and another with a much narrower beam that was used while tracking a single target.
- A tool uses the angle beam method to discover a crack in a pipe wall; the solid arrow represents the original ultrasonic wave ( created at an angle relative to the pipe radius ) and the dotted arrow represents the wave reflected back to the tool from the crack.