もっと例文: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Among its notable contributors were J . G . Ballard, Paul Bowles, Guy Davenport, Stephen King, Harry Mathews, Joyce Carol Oates, Breece D'J Pancake, Yannis Ritsos, Leslie Marmon Silko and Andrew Vachss.
- Miss Breece's grand-niece, Jane Jacobs, a writer whose books on urban life and architecture have been influential for more than three decades, edited the manuscript, which was written in the 1930s but rejected for publication then.
- Still, in order to feed the cows and enable the boy to go to school, Miss Breece continues, his mother " left their home in the Russian village to live all winter by herself in the desolate shack ."
- Miss Breece writes in one passage, revealing the mixture of condescension and high expectations that she held toward those among whom she worked, " but that I do not come among them to sink to their level but to uplift them ."
- Its table of contents is almost dizzying _ where else would you find work by Stephen King and William Faulkner in the same book, or Edith Wharton and Peter Straub, Ambrose Bierce and Breece D'J Pancake, Sylvia Plath and John Cheever?