もっと例文: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- He confirmed much that had earlier been reported; the pit was well ventilated and Davy lamps were in use.
- Rather than the Davy lamp, Tyneside miners used the Geordie lamp, a similar safety lamp designed by George Stephenson.
- After the widespread introduction of the safety lamp, explosions continued because the early Davy lamps were fragile and easily damaged.
- An escape of inflammable gas under pressure extinguished the rescue team's Davy lamps but they continued working in darkness.
- Known as the Geordie lamp it was to be widely used in the North-east in place of the Davy lamp.