もっと例文: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- In 1889 he moved to New York City, where he started his first magazine " The India Rubber World ", He also founded the magazine " Hardware " in 1890, The " Engineering Magazine " in 1891, and The " Engineering Index " in 1895.
- "' William John " Billy " Wedlock "'( 28 October 1880 25 January 1965 ), also known as " Fatty " or the " India Rubber Man ", was a pub ( now demolished ) opposite the ground was where he lived and worked for 43 years.
- As Capon-Heaton and Company they manufactured India-rubber at Lifford until the mid-1890s when the firm moved to Hazelwell, the next mill downstream where they continued until acquired in 1964 by Avon India Rubber Co . In 1978-9 The Stirchley Industrial Estate was built over the original mill and mill pool site.
- Periodically, a character identified only as the Man in an India Rubber Suit ( unofficially representing the Berlin-based Society for Culture and Science of the Jews ) surfaces out of the North River-- as the Hudson was then known-- and into the plot to make his own ethnographic study of New York's Jews.
- As he heads toward a booth, accompanied by two sportswriters who have covered his activities for 35 years, it is difficult to believe he once was the " India Rubber Man, " known far and wide for the tumbles he would take at breakneck speed and the gymnasium walls he would challenge with his body.