もっと例文: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Richard Porson, poet and scholar, was unanimously chosen as the first Librarian of the London Institution at a meeting on 22 April 1806.
- Richard Porson pronounced him the first Greek scholar of his standing in England, and in 1802 he was elected a Fellow of his college.
- He was a member of many scientific and philanthropic societies, and among his friends were Richard Porson and Robert Brown, and Adam Afzelius.
- Not without some embarrassment to Southey as one of the " Conversations " was between Southey and Porson on the merits of Wordsworth's poetry.
- He is mainly remembered for depriving the Cambridge classicist Richard Porson of his income, apparently in an attempt to force him to take Holy Orders.