- Emperor Hadrian visited the city in 123 AD after it had been severely damaged by an earthquake and began to rebuild it.
- In the winter 122-123 AD Hadrian is thought to have visited the city to hold a " conventus " for Hispania.
- In Europe, the pedigree of Niall No韌韆llach would be contender for the longest, through Conn of the Hundred Battles ( fl . 123 AD ).
- Champollion placed the zodiac in fourth century AD . Georges Cuvier placed the date 123 AD to 147 AD . His discussion of the dating question is an interesting summary of the reasoning as he understood it in the 1820s.
- Following a battle at Maynooth, in the year 123 AD, the island of Ireland was divided into two political entities along the line of the eskers Leath Cuinn ( Conn s Half ) to the north, and Leath Mogha ( Mogha s Half ) to the south.