- Among the race cars was a 1936 Ford 5-Window Coupe, 35 years removed from its roaring heyday at Westboro Speedway.
- One can visit the grand stables and, in the basement of the library, see FDR's gorgeous blue 1936 Ford Phaeton, which he operated completely by hand.
- The style was popular from the 1920s until the beginning of World War II . While many manufacturers produced three window coup閟, the 1932 to 1936 Ford is a particular favorite of hot rodders.
- My favorite exhibit was Roosevelt's 1936 Ford Phaeton, a blue-green convertible with brown leather seats and hand controls and an ingenious metal box on the steering column that dispensed lighted cigarettes.
- Since 1940, the Icicle and a smaller ice yacht, the Hawk, had sat in pieces on shelves in a cinder-block room that also houses Roosevelt's hand-controlled 1936 Ford Phaeton.