- ACE Team revealed " Abyss Odyssey " on their official blog on 4 March 2014.
- After " Zeno Clash II ", ACE Team developed their fourth commercial title, " Abyss Odyssey ", which was released on 15 July 2014.
- An Enhanced Edition titled " Abyss Odyssey : Extended Dream Edition " introduced competitive multiplayer as well as new types of enemies and bosses to the game and was released for the PlayStation 4 on 28 July 2015.
- The game's plot follows a set of heroes who fight to reach a warlock whose dreams are infecting reality in 19th century Santiago, Chile . " Abyss Odyssey " combines elements from multiple video game genres and has a unique art style based on the Art Nouveau movement.
- Players can capture the souls of enemies they encounter once collected, a player can then assume the form and abilities of the enemy in-game . " Abyss Odyssey " uses a community-based unlock system; upon its launch, only the first " phase " of the game was available.