- The nominal chairman was Accepted Frewen, the Archbishop of York.
- One child with a Puritan name, Accepted Frewen, later became Archbishop of York.
- During his residence at the university he was much consulted by Calvinists, and his pupils included Accepted Frewen and William Pember.
- In discussing her, Mary Hays noted as other candidates Accepted Frewen, William Fulman, William Chappell, and Obadiah Walker.
- Accepted Frewen, then president of Magdalen College, Oxford, relocated the communion-table in the college chapel, making it into an altar according to Puritan views.