もっと例文: 1 2 3
- There are two major branches of adapids, subfamily Adapinae ( adapines ) and subfamily Caenopithecinae ( caenopithecines ).
- Gingerich and Sahni considered both " Indraloris " and " Sivaladapis " to be adapids.
- However, no lemuriform toothcomb has been found in the fossil record of the Eocene, and the European adapid lower jaws from that time did not resemble the derived state seen in lemuriforms.
- In 1979, Herbert Thomas and Surinder Verma agreed that " Indraloris " and " Sivaladapis " were adapids, but placed them in a subfamily of their own, Sivaladapinae.
- The European adapids " Adapis ", " Palaeolemur ", and " Leptadapis " shared adaptations for slow climbing like the lorises, although they may have been quadrupedal runners like small New World monkeys.