- In the 1980s, the company developed technologies for the deinterlacing of NTSC signals, including motion adaptive processing algorithms.
- University of Texas at Austin's implementation of the EDGE concept is the "'TRIPS "'processor, the " Tera-op, Reliable, Intelligently adaptive Processing System ".
- He is developing a model he calls complexity-adaptive processing, or CAP, that will allow a general purpose microprocessor to conserve power by slowing or shutting down unneeded components within a few nanoseconds of starting an application.
- They are used in both commercial industrial applications, such as ground radar air traffic control, and advanced defense applications, including space-time adaptive processing, synthetic aperture radar, airborne early warning, command control communication and information systems, mission planning, image intelligence and signal intelligence systems.
- Historically, UHF radars had resolution and detection issues that made them ineffective for accurate targeting and fire control; Northrop Grumman and Lockheed claim that the APY-9 has solved these shortcomings in the APY-9 using advanced electronic scanning and high digital computing power via space / time adaptive processing.