alongside a pierの例文
- The minesweeper was wrecked; the submarine was sunk alongside a pier; and the destroyers and were damaged.
- Alongside a pier in Massawa, Eritreans are painstakingly building new boats and repairing their old brightly colored fishing dhows.
- One method is for the ship to moor alongside a pier, connect with cargo hoses or marine loading arms.
- "Illinois " was constructed alongside a pier and gave the appearance that she was moored to the wharf.
- There is one hell of a difference between a " dock " and a " pier " with the old Bowditch definition of " dock " being illustrative : " "'dock : The space between two two piers "', or a basin or enclosre for reception of vessels and controlling the water level . " The ship lies " in " the dock alongside a pier.