an officer of rankの例文
- An officer of rank and distinction shall be sent from each army respectively to guarantee the execution of this convention.
- Shortly after, Olympius, " an officer of rank in the court-guards " attempted to convince Honorius that Stilicho was in fact conspiring to depose Theodosius II, to replace him with Eucherius.
- In his book " History of Ireland " ( 1758 62 ) Abb?James MacGeoghegan of the Irish College in Paris wrote of the house of the O'Neills that " the present representative is Felix O'Neill, the chief of the house of the Fews, and an officer of rank in the service of his Catholic Majesty ".
- "Stilicho, being in these circumstances, although he was not conscious of any ill intention either against the emperor or the soldiers, Olympius, a native of the vicinity of the Euxine Sea, and an officer of rank in the court-guards, concealed under the disguise of the Christian religion the most atrocious designs in his heart.
- In short, I'm so great a man that I'm very " in and out " everywhere to the great annoyance of my pocket and distress of my feelings . " Berry's account of the Battle, titled " Authentic Narrative of the proceedings of his Majesty's squadron under the command of the Rear-Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson . . . drawn up from the minutes of an officer of rank in the squadron " was subsequently published in " The Sun " and " The True Briton " newspapers, and became a bestseller in pamphlet form.