ancient olympic pentathlonの例文
- The Ancient Olympic pentathlon ( comprising long jump, javelin, discus, the " 1904 Summer Olympics, contested between five American and two British athletes.
- The "'Ancient Olympic pentathlon "'( ) was an athletic contest at the Ancient Olympic Games, and other Panhellenic Games of Ancient Greece.
- No strictly track and field combined event featured on the programme, as happened at the 1904 Summer Olympics, but the Greeks introduced a variation of the Ancient Olympic pentathlon.
- The 1906 Intercalated Games, now not considered an official Olympic event, featured an event based on the Ancient Olympic pentathlon, combining four track and field events with a wrestling match.
- In competition throwing for distance, including the Ancient Olympic pentathlon at Olympia, Greece, a blunt javelin would be launched at about 45 degrees, but in war or the chase, a sharp weapon was thrown much closer to the horizontal.