- A harbor was built on the Angerapp, allowing an Polish troops.
- The Pissa, Inster and Angerapp ( Angrapa ) are tributaries to the Pregel river.
- The canalization of the Angerapp and the expansion of the harbor in 1856 allowed business to expand, and the garrison left the town in 1858.
- It was to attack the German forces presumed to be behind the Angerapp while the Narew Army [ Samsonov's ] was to cross the Lotzen-Ortelsburg line to take the Germans in flank ."
- The Russian name " Angrapa " is derived from the old German name " Angerapp ", which in turn is derived from the Ozyorsk ( formerly the German town of " Darkehmen " ) and the village of Mayakovskoye ( formerly " Nemmersdorf " ) lie on the Angrapa.