- Aublin was out of Hong Kong Friday and could not be reached for comment, his staff said.
- Aublin has been vigorously defending France's decision, against international protests, to resume testing at Mururoa Atoll.
- Laurent Aublin claims teachers got kids to sign the petition as part of a " campaign of hate ."
- In a letter published in Friday's South China Morning Post, Aublin said France's tests would not violate any international convention.
- In an editorial titled " a consular faux pas, " the Post said Aublin's letter to the school " insulted the intelligence " of the students and " showed little in the way of either logic or self-control ."