もっと例文: 1 2
- Authoritative precedent decisions become a guide in subsequent cases of a similar nature.
- As newer states needed law, they often looked first to the Massachusetts Reports for authoritative precedents as a basis for their own common law.
- The jury ( composed largely of slave owners ) actually recommended mercy, but the court nonetheless sentenced Hodge to death, and so the directions of the trial judge are not treated by commentators as an authoritative precedent.
- The decision in " Lynch " was cited as persuasive or authoritative precedent in numerous subsequent cases, and reinforced the interpretation that " natural born citizen " meant born " within the dominions and allegiance of the United States " regardless of parental citizenship.
- He identifies three terms of Herodotus as overlapping on culture : " diaitia ", material goods such as houses and consumables; " ethea ", the mores or customs; and " nomoi ", the authoritative precedents or laws.