- In 1957, irate that Boston Herald sportswriter Henry McKenna was typing a story in the balcony press section, Gonzales started serving balls at McKenna.
- The American Institute of Architects has awarded Publisher Ann Gray and "'Balcony Press "'the 1999 Institute Honor for Collaborative Achievement.
- The Dr . Robert Winter, wrote the definitive Batchelder history, " Batchelder Tilemaker " ( Balcony Press, 1999, 112 pp, ISBN 1-890449-03-2 ).
- "Back then, Reno had an international reputation, " said Mella Rothwell Harmon, a historian with the state preservation office in Carson City, who recently wrote " Design for Divorce, " to be published by Balcony Press.
- When it began in the Valley, it was 1948, said Merry Ovnick, a cultural history professor at California State University, Northridge, who wrote " Los Angeles : The End of the Rainbow " ( Balcony Press; $ 34.95 ), which includes a chapter on ranch houses.