- His biggest win of the year came in the Advance Stakes in which he beat lengths.
- At most points along the fiber the net polarization will be an elliptically polarized state, with a return to the original polarization state after an integer number of beat lengths.
- Romanian musicologist Constantin Briloiu had a special interest in compound time signatures, developed while studying the Bulgarian music, beat lengths of 1, 2, 3, 4 are used in the metric description.
- Consequently, if visible laser light is launched into the fiber exciting both polarization modes, scattering of propagating light viewed from the side, is observed with a light and dark pattern periodic over each beat length, since scattering is preferentially perpendicular to the polarization direction.
- As I said, if you're using exact counting ( the bar lengths are not the same, the beat length is ) and your beats are dotted notes, then you're looking at " 9 / 8, 9 / 8, 6 / 8, 6 / 8, 9 / 8 " as your simplest form.