もっと例文: 1 2
- The intensity of Hurricane Olivia fluctuated for two days as it turned westward away from land, due to a blocking ridge over northwestern Mexico.
- By the evening of November 25, the cyclone retrograded, or moved northwestward, into Ohio due to a blocking ridge up across eastern Canada.
- Nadine threatened the Azores while moving northeastward and then northward between September 18 and September 19, though a blocking ridge prevented the storm from approaching further toward the islands.
- Meanwhile, scattered showers and thunderstorms will erupt over parts of Texas as a Pacific jet stream disturbance, which Tuesday night slipped southward of the blocking ridge over Montana and Wyoming, lifts very humid air from the Gulf of Mexico.
- The FMS reported during the next day that Bart had reached its peak 10-minute sustained windspeeds of 85 km / h ( 50 mph ), as the system slowed down due to a blocking ridge of high pressure strengthening.