もっと例文: 1 2
- This siphonal opening also serves for the exit of the water that has entered by the branchial opening.
- The animal had small, possibly degenerate eyes that were flanked laterally by a small, crescent-shaped branchial opening.
- Earlier reconstructions depict the creature as having side-fins running the length of its body, starting from behind the branchial openings to the tip of its tail : new research demonstrates that such " fins " are actually deformations of the bodywall as the corpse was being squished post-burial.
- ""'Balanoglossus " "'is an ocean-dwelling acorn worm ( Enteropneusta ) genus of great Ascidians or sea squirts, in that it possesses branchial openings, or " gill slits " . It has notochord in the upper part of the body and has no nerve chord.
- Hemichordates ( " half ( ?) chordates " ) have some features similar to those of chordates : branchial openings that open into the pharynx and look rather like gill slits; stomochords, similar in composition to notochords, but running in a circle round the " collar ", which is ahead of the mouth; and a ventral nerve cord.