もっと例文: 1 2 3
- The last commercial boats used the canal in 1907, from Bridgwater dock to a wharf in North Town, Taunton, and the canal was effectively closed.
- In March 1871 it was extended across the river to Bridgwater Docks, which formed the entrance to the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal and was owned by the railway company.
- The canal originally terminated at a basin at Huntworth, to the east of Bridgwater, but was later extended to a floating harbour at Bridgwater Docks on its western edge.
- Bridgwater Docks have been restored as a marina, but there is no navigable connection to the River Parrett, as the canal still transports drinking water for the people of Bridgwater.
- Most prominent is the 1844 steam powered puddled iron drag dredger,'Bertha', designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel for Bridgwater docks, which is undergoing restoration at the head of the old harbour.