- Buffet lounge cars were often found in trains which did not offer full dining car service.
- To qualify as a buffet lounge the car had to offer both food and drink service.
- Buffet lounges should not be confused with snack or grill cars which did not offer a full range of libations.
- A postcard view of the buffet lounge in one of Seaboard's unique, glass-roofed " Sun Lounge " cars built in 1955.
- But in our experience, the freestyle approach meant that everyone on the ship wanted to eat at roughly 6 p . m . in the buffet lounge, leading to stiff competition for tables and food.