もっと例文: 1 2
- The horizontal center line of the coupler shank, or shaft, and of the draw gear are lower than that of the coupler head.
- This arrangement is designed for use with low-floor freight cars, to lift the coupler head high enough to match the couplers on other rolling stock.
- While they closely resemble miniature Janney couplers, they are somewhat different mechanically, with the knuckle pivoting from the center of the coupler head, rather than from the side.
- With "'gooseneck couplers "'or "'offset shank couplers "', the horizontal centerline of the coupler head is above the horizontal centerline of the coupler shank, or shaft, and the draw gear.
- A steel pin, designed to resemble an air brake hose, allows the couplers to be released magnetically; the design of the coupler head prevents this from happening unless the train is stopped or reversed with a mated pair of couplers directly over an uncoupling magnet.