もっと例文: 1 2
- The scutes are grouped in two fairly distinct areas known as the nuchal and the dorsal shields.
- The latter, or dorsal shield, extends over the back in fairly regular longitudinal rows and quite regular transverse rows.
- The eyes, surrounded by a sclerotic ring, are housed in a notch at the anterior end of the dorsal shield.
- The'palate'( or hypostome ) is not connected to the dorsal shield of the cephalon ( or natant ).
- In more advanced species, the first five abdominal segments are often fused into a dorsal shield called the copulation is direct, as the male has a penis ( while the female has an ovipositor ).