- The conventional starter's pistol has been replaced by an electronic gun.
- The kids loved the idea of playing with a movie, but seemed to have some difficulty calibrating the electronic gun that fires infrared beams at the TV screen.
- But the consultants were among the first things to go when their new-economy clientele suffered a stock market collapse and established companies no longer felt like they were under the electronic gun.
- The normal television set is often about as deep as the screen is wide because a normal picture tube, called a cathode ray tube, uses an electronic gun that has to be a certain distance from the screen.
- The panelists spent the most time playing " Mad Dog McCrea, " the home video adaptation of a popular arcade game that plays like an interactive movie, with players firing a special electronic gun at a parade of Old West outlaws played by actors.