- もっと例文: 1 2
- Elfgiva has been awaiting her own chance to run and reunite with him.
- Fully in sympathy with Elfgiva and Alard, Cadfael allows her to disappear from the Abbey with the candlesticks.
- Cadfael, through patient investigation, finds the candlesticks hidden in a sack of lavender flowers in his own workshop, and identifies the thief as Lady FitzHamon's maidservant, Elfgiva.
- He confronts her in secret, and she says that the only theft committed was by Hamo : he commissioned the candlesticks from his villein, Elfgiva's fiance Alard, promising him his freedom in return.
- Hamo is enraged, believing her to be the thief of the candlesticks, but Lady FitzHamon ( after a word in her ear from Cadfael ) realises that Elfgiva could expose her infidelity on the night of the theft, and quickly speaks up and says Elfgiva was attending her in her bedchamber that night.