もっと例文: 1 2
- The mountain itself was created by fault activity.
- In the Central Slyne the 27 / 5-1 well proved the presence of Late Permian evaporites including salt, possibly indicating fault activity at this time.
- Pebbles and cobbles are found here, encrusted with fossilised animals, which suggests that some of the sediments were already lithified; there is also some evidence of localised fault activity.
- The level of a fault's activity can be critical for ( 1 ) locating buildings, tanks, and pipelines and ( 2 ) assessing the paleoseismologists can estimate the sizes of past earthquakes over the past several hundred years, and develop rough projections of future fault activity.
- Fracture zones extend past the transform faults, away from the ridge axis; seismically inactive ( because both plate segments are moving in the same direction ), they display evidence of past transform fault activity, primarily in the different ages of the crust on opposite sides of the zone.