- Le Gouvello said as she recuperated after the voyage.
- Several hundred people, including government officials, greeted Le Gouvello on her arrival in the port city of Papeete and welcomed her with Polynesian songs.
- Rafaela Le Gouvello, a French woman who had already windsurfed across the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, completed the 4, 455-mile ( 7, 169-kilometer ) journey from Peru to Tahiti on Sunday.
- Her 25.6-foot ( 7.8-meter ) board was equipped with a sleeping compartment, telephone, radio and a global positioning system that monitored her progress, according to Le Gouvello's Web site.
- "I don't like it very much the way they look down at you from so high up, " said Ann-Henri Le Gouvello, 55, who owns a soup company in Rambouillet, France, and who uses a four-door Mercedes-Benz 300GE _ hardly a subcompact _ to drive to Paris or go hunting near his Rambouillet home.