- On February 13, 2009 a Free Hug Day took place.
- Crew said Friday, after celebrating National Hug Day by doling out embraces to numerous children at Public School 32 in Staten Island.
- For example, on the websites forum ( hosted on Dragon Arts ), those involved in the campaign called for an annual International Free Hugs Day.
- The first International Free Hugs Day was July 7, 2007, the second on July 5, 2008, and the third was on July 4, 2009 . ( See above regarding Valentine's Day ).
- -- Though Children International asks sponsors to pay just $ 12 monthly _ compared with as much as $ 21 monthly by competitors _ it mails additional pleas for $ 25 donations before Christmas, Easter, the child's birthday and " International Hug Day, " a holiday created by the charity.