- This woodland contains Cornish elm, Dutch elm and an intermediate variety of elm.
- UNESCO and Ethnologue consider Lombard language as union of Western Lombard, Eastern Lombard and intermediate varieties.
- These vary between pure pen drawings and fully painted subjects with colour throughout, with several intermediate varieties.
- The union of Western Lombard or Insubric, Eastern Lombard and intermediate varieties under the denomination of " Lombard " is a matter of debate, and it has been argued that the two might potentially form separate languages.
- For example, the plagioclase feldspars comprise a continuous series from sodium-rich end member albite ( NaAlSi 3 O 8 ) to calcium-rich anorthite ( CaAl 2 Si 2 O 8 ) with four recognized intermediate varieties between them ( given in order from sodium-to calcium-rich ) : oligoclase, andesine, labradorite, and bytownite.