- Jourdet was 70 years old at the time of his death.
- Jourdet even officiated some of the University of Kentucky men's basketball games.
- As a student athlete at the University of Pennsylvania, Jourdet played on the football All-American.
- Upon returning to the Philadelphia area, Jourdet coached the Quakers for 13 more seasons and won three more Eastern Intercollegiate Basketball League championships ( the conference precursor to the modern Ivy League ).
- The reason for his extended absence as Penn basketball's head coach between 1920 and 1930 was summed up by " The Pennsylvania Gazette " in its December 3, 1920 issue, which said Jourdet " on account of a business transfer to another part of the country, has been obliged to give up coaching . " He transferred to Kentucky and became engrained in both high school and college basketball there.