- Lidy Creek is considered to be a Coldwater Fishery.
- Collins Creek and Lidy Creek were subjected to a restoration project that was approved in 2007.
- The headwaters of Lidy Creek are on a ridge above the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton International Airport.
- It also passes by the International Trade Zone Industrial Park and loses water to a mine pool, as does the nearby Lidy Creek.
- Bank restoration work on Lidy Creek was planned in 2009 . Future runway expansions of the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton International Airport may lead to the relocation of the creek.