- "It's a self-medicative behavior.
- The stream is believed to have medicative properties by locals.
- The plants emit a bitter, resinous or medicative smell, which in some species is very intense and aromatic.
- A conceptual representation of how pre-and post-ingestive events control the manifestation of self-medicative behavior in mammalian herbivores.
- Research suggests, in all likelihood, a vicious cycle exists in which painful consequences of childhood sexual abuse such as depression, low self-esteem, conflicted relationships, and sexual dysfunction increase a woman s risk of self-medicative use of alcohol and other drugs