- Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical 42 ( 1 ); 67-72, 2009 ( in
- He was also a surgeon at Ponce's Hospital de Distrito, and was also a medical consultant for the new Escuela de Medicina Tropical in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Ant髇io Rendas managed the Portuguese Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine ( Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, IHMT ) of NOVA University of Lisbon between 1982 and 1986.
- Una concesion gubernamental de US $ 3 millones se gasta casi completamente en Panama, beneficiando a los laboratorios de la Universidad de Panama y del Instituto Memorial Gorgas de Medicina Tropical y Preventiva, entre otros.
- The Instituto de Medicina Tropical Alexander von Humboldt ( Tropical Medicine Institute ) is among the top research institutions in tropical medicine in Latin America, with ongoing investigations in tuberculosis, leishmaniasis, malaria and HIV, both in its site in Lima and in several field sites such as Iquitos, Cuzco and La Merced.