もっと例文: 1 2
- Cambrian tectonic convergence, continental collision and plate subduction led to the emplacement of calc-alkaline and adakitic granitoids.
- The earthquake that recently leveled parts of the city of Kobe, Japan, was linked to plate subduction offshore.
- Some scientists hypothesize that the tectonic processes of plate subduction and mountain building are products of erosion and sedimentation.
- Furthermore, plate subduction zones are associated with very large megathrust earthquakes, making the effects on using any specific site for disposal unpredictable and possibly adverse to the safety of longterm disposal.
- The field is an example of intraplate volcanism; its earlier deposits are thought to be related to Farallon plate subduction, while the later bimodal assemblage ( especially the basalts ) have been linked to Basin and Range extension.