- The bark is used to treat cough, wheezing, edema, and to promote urination.
- Actions : Induce sweating and release exterior for wind-cold invasion with no sweating, promotes urination, move lung qi for wheezing, cough or asthma.
- L . ( Sambucus, British Pharmaceutical Codex, 1949 ) have been used as a vehicle for eye and skin lotions, while the fruits are to promote urination.
- Particularly " Coix lacryma-jobi " var . " ma-yuen " has been used in the traditional Chinese medicine to invigorate the spleen function and promote urination, alleviate arthritis, arrest diarrhea, remove heat and facilitate the drainage of pus.
- "Tea generates fluids, stops thirst, clears heat, eliminates toxins, dispels dampness, promotes urination, aids digestion, stops diarrhea, clears heat-fire, and raises the spirit, " says Dr . Ma Shou-chun of the Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in Seattle.