もっと例文: 1 2
- Even between different mouse or rat strains there may be tenfold to thousandfold differences in acute toxicity.
- Examples include the BALB / c mouse and Wistar and Sprague Dawley rat strains, laboratory rabbits, guinea-pigs and ferrets.
- This is equivalent to a dose of 20 to 30 ?g / kg TCDD, a dose that would be lethal to guinea pigs and some rat strains.
- Rat strains are generally not transgenic, or genetically modified, because the gene knockout and embryonic stem cell techniques that work in mice are relatively difficult in rats.
- The oral LD50 for guinea pigs is as low as 0.5 to 2 ?g / Kg body weight, whereas the oral LD50 for hamsters can be as high as 1 to 5 mg / Kg body weight, a difference of as much as thousandfold or more, and even among rat strains there may be thousandfold differences.