- The refueling nozzle was still engaged in the car's left saddle tank, and as Ruby dropped the clutch, the car lurched forward.
- Meanwhile, in 1929, a group of Fred and Al Key demonstrated a spill-free refueling nozzle, designed by A . D . Hunter.
- With Hakkinen spending 24 seconds in the pit because of a jammed refueling nozzle, Salo took the lead and let Irvine pass him during the fateful 26th lap.
- The 1.5m ?1, 25m ?3.94m cabin had a sliding door to port flight deck forward of the cabin and fuel tanks underfloor filled using a pressure refueling nozzle on the port side.
- Hakkinen started from the pole but dropped to fourth when a refueling nozzle jammed during his pit stop and then his left rear tire blew one and a half laps later, causing him to spin out and crash into a safety barrier in a spill eerily reminiscent of Schumacher's accident