もっと例文: 1 2
- They are then pulled, and after the seed has been removed are retted in the ordinary way.
- When the jute stalk is well retted, the stalk is grabbed in bundles and hit with a long wooden hammer to make the fiber loose from the jute hurd or core.
- Flax was used to make linen but before spinning and weaving the stems were " retted "; soaking in running water, a procedure which could have used the stream which also powered the mills.
- The retted stalks, called straw, are dried in open air or by mechanical means, and are frequently stored for a short period to allow " curing " to occur, facilitating fibre removal.
- A small Creole style cottage of " bousillage " ( a mixture of retted Spanish moss, animal hair and mud used as infill material in French Creole dwellings ) and half-timber still stands on her actual 1780s-1816 farmstead, off Cedar Bend Road ( Latitude 31.681271 / Longitude-93.018800 ).