- On 14 April, the Army captured Al-Sarkha and recaptured Maaloula.
- Meanwhile, the frontline at al-Sarkha was still reported to be just north of the village.
- On 7 April, fighting raged around al-Sarkha, near Rankus, with government forces reportedly advancing.
- Later, the Fars News Agency reported the military managed to capture al-Sarkha and thus had broken through the rebel's first line of defense of Rankus.
- It is known as one of three remaining villages where Western Aramaic is still spoken, the other two being the nearby villages Jubb'adin and Al-Sarkha ( Bakhah ).