もっと例文: 1 2 3
- At a carnival, Hobbs is challenged to strike out " The Whammer ", the top hitter in the Majors.
- In a scene, the Whammer takes three swings at pitches from the young Roy Hobbs to try to impress a mysterious woman they have met on a train.
- He was " The Whammer, " a baseball player modeled after Babe Ruth, in the 1984 baseball drama " The Natural " that starred Robert Redford.
- Each pitch produces a passage full of lyrical beauty, earthy humor and premonitions of doom, the final one ending with the strenuous failure of the Whammer to hit the spinning sphere:
- They encounter Walter ( the Whammer ) Wambold, a famous slugger, along with a sportswriter named Max Mercy, and the meeting leads to a bet that Roy can strike the Whammer out.