- The Augusta Treverorum ", is also derived ) that came from the old Roman villa rustica in Weitersbach.
- School had been reduced to three days each week by 1941 because the teacher had to fill in for another in Weitersbach.
- The Rhaunen-Weitersbach-Horbruch sealed road ran by the village through the Crummer-Wald ( forest ), not through the village.
- The French built a munitions depot covering 127 ha of the Idar Forest, ten to twelve hectares of which lay within Krummenau s limits ( the rest was in neighbouring Weitersbach ).
- Still left, however, are the " Verbandsgemeinde " administration, the two churches and a " Mittelpunktschule " ( midpoint school, a central school, designed to eliminate smaller outlying schools ) on the road towards Weitersbach.