もっと例文: 1 2
- Her notoriety encouraged the all-white Hurricanes to want to join her, creating one of the first integrated track teams.
- Raleigh Mayor Paul Coble, snowbound Wednesday like many of his constituents, described the storm in terms people in North Carolina are certain to understand : " a white hurricane ."
- The Great Blizzard of 1888 ( also known as the Great White Hurricane of 1888 ) buried Redding under significant snow in March that year, with one resident recollecting horses and cows " stood to their middles " in snow.
- Four months after Hurricane Floyd's devastating floodwaters, North Carolina struggled Wednesday with the aftermath of a " white hurricane "-- a record 2-foot snowfall in a part of the country that doesn't have much experience with blizzards.
- The "'Great Blizzard of 1978 "', also known as the "'White Hurricane "', was a historic winter storm that struck the Ohio Valley and Great Lakes regions from Wednesday, January 25 through Friday, January 27, 1978.