简体版 繁體版 English 한국어
登録 ログイン

172nd tunnelling companyの例文

例文モバイル版携帯版

  • The three mines already laid by 172nd Tunnelling Company were also dropped from the British plans.
  • The early underground war in the area had involved both the 171st and 172nd Tunnelling Company.
  • The mining assistants who acted as'beasts of burden'were often made up of " Chatham, joining 172nd Tunnelling Company.
  • In early 1918 half of 252nd Tunnelling Company, arriving in the Vimy Ridge sector from Beaumont-Hamel, was attached to 172nd Tunnelling Company.
  • The raiders blew in the gallery in no man's land to the Bluff but those from the 172nd Tunnelling Company were killed by machine-gun fire.
  • After being rejected three times by the York and Lancaster Regiment for being too old, Hackett enlisted in the British Army on 25 October 1915, despite having been diagnosed with a Chatham, joining 172nd Tunnelling Company.
  • On 21 January 1916, German miners blew several large charges at The Bluff, which caused 172nd Tunnelling Company to halt its work on the shallow galleries in St Eloi in order to complete the deep mines as soon as possible.
  • Johnston afterwards served with the 177th and 172nd Tunnelling Company, the latter commanded in early 1915 by Captain William Henry Johnston VC . Johnston left 172nd Tunnelling Company in early May and was killed in action at Ypres on 8 June 1915.
  • Johnston afterwards served with the 177th and 172nd Tunnelling Company, the latter commanded in early 1915 by Captain William Henry Johnston VC . Johnston left 172nd Tunnelling Company in early May and was killed in action at Ypres on 8 June 1915.
  • The brick plinth bears transparent plaques with details of the mining activities by 172nd Tunnelling Company and an extract from the poem " Trenches : St Eloi " by the war poet T . E . Hulme ( 1883 1917 ).
  • Meanwhile, at The Bluff, mining was continued by the 172nd Tunnelling Company and in November 1915, John Norton-Griffiths proposed to sink 20 or 30 shafts, about apart, into the blue clay from St Eloi to The Bluff.
  • At the same time, the 172nd Tunnelling Company was deployed in the Neuville-Saint-Vaast sector along with the 176th and 185th Tunnelling Companies . 172nd Tunnelling Company was relieved in this area by the 2nd Australian Tunnelling Company in May 1916.
  • At the same time, the 172nd Tunnelling Company was deployed in the Neuville-Saint-Vaast sector along with the 176th and 185th Tunnelling Companies . 172nd Tunnelling Company was relieved in this area by the 2nd Australian Tunnelling Company in May 1916.
  • In autumn of 1915, 172nd Tunnelling Company managed to sink shafts through the sandy clay at a depth of down to dry blue clay at a depth of, which was ideal for tunneling, from where they continued to drive galleries towards the German lines at a depth of.
  • After the big mine explosion of the British fortified the front lip of the crater and the 172nd Tunnelling Company was diverted from its mining at St Eloi, to dig a defensive mine system to prevent the Germans trying again; waterlogging and the loose soil along the canal back caused the miners much difficulty.
  • On 29 March 1916, the New Zealanders exchanged position with the 185th Tunnelling Company and moved to Roclincourt-Chantecler, a kilometre south of their old sector . 172nd Tunnelling Company seems to have shared the Neuville-Saint-Vaast sector with the 176th and 185th Tunnelling Company until it was relieved there in May 1916 by the 2nd Australian Tunnelling Company.
  • 172nd Tunnelling Company stayed near Vimy and remained active in the area in preparation for the Battle of Vimy Ridge ( 9 12 April 1917 ), together with St Eloi in April 1916  where mines had so altered and damaged the landscape as to render occupation of the mine craters by the infantry all but impossible , led to the decision to remove offensive mining from the central sector allocated to the Canadian Corps at Vimy Ridge.