- The bus used to transport the wounded was a 1954 Ford model.
- Fans such as Austin Tate have speculated Hill was inspired by the 1954 Ford FX-Atmos concept car.
- The movie ends with Brad and Caroline driving a 1954 Ford pickup with a horse trailer hauling Big John.
- From the beginning, the Jet project was hampered by Hudson President 1952-1954 Ford in many respects.
- In November 1954 Ford merged the entire French operation to Simca at first keeping 15.2 per cent of the company but selling this share as well in 1958.
- "' John'Dick'Samsen "'was an Aero Engineer turned product designer; Ford designer 1952-1955 co-designer of 1954 Ford Thunderbird.
- He pulled off the freeway in his custom 1954 Ford pickup truck, which is a moving monument to the Raiders with its silver and black paint and logos on the sides, and found some shoe polish.
- The car's external design was made by Lev Yeremeev and though influenced by North American vehicles of the same period, the 1954 Ford Mainline in particular, the project was mostly independent, with an exception for the automatic transmission that was derived from the 3-speed Ford-O-Matic.
- I said I was concerned because of my expired driver's license, and even before I could tell her about being held captive for three months and escaping in a 1954 Ford sedan with no reverse gear, she called up my driving record on her computer, scanned it and said, with a smile, " No problem.